Tuesday 20 August 2019

Karen's Tuesday Tips

Getting reporters to link to your site, a Youtube rabbit hole, and email marketing
Karen's Tuesday Tips
Please be aware that I will be compensated (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through the referral links in this email

Hi, again gang!


So here's what's had me thinking the past week...

What I've been reading:

You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One)

If you struggle with writing, wonder if anybody will actually want to read your material, or have doubts if you are "good enough", then this is the book for you.

This is targeted more at authors, but much of the material is relevant for us bloggers also. :-)


Find out more HERE.

Quote I've been contemplating:

"It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for." - Robert Kiyosaki

A tip for getting some links to your site

What if you could get links to your site from high authority websites via reaching out to journalists easily?

HARO (Help A Reporter Out) give you the opportunity to do just that.

After signing up (it's free), you simply monitor incoming emails that have requests for information on particular topics (you can filter so you only get emails on the subjects you are interested in), and when you find a question you can answer knowledgeably, you reply.

If your answer is chosen, the reporter will publish it and voila, a good quality link back to your site that will help with ranking and authority.

YouTube rabbit hole I fell down:

Tom Bilyeu

Ever wonder how successful people got where they are today?

Me too... all the time!

That's why I love the videos that Tom Bilyeu/Impact Theory put out. They are interviews with really interesting and successful people that I suggest you take a look at.

Podcast I'm listening to:

The McMethod Email Marketing Podcast

So, I think I do... OK with my emails (I guess you have to be the judge of that! :-) ), but I love to keep learning, and this podcast has some great tips. If you want to go down the road of starting your own email list too, this is definitely worth listening to.

That's it for this week gang!

I hope you found Karen's Tuesday Tips helpful this week. As usual, let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, tricks or tools you would like me to share next week! :-)

Until then,
Karen
SBO MEDIA LLP, 704 N. King Street, Suite 500, Wilmington, De 19801, United States


No comments:

Post a Comment