Tuesday 6 August 2019

Karen's Tuesday Tips

Copywriting, failure, and a big change at the website
Karen's Tuesday Tips

Hi again gang!


So here's what's had me thinking the past week...

What I've been reading:

The Copywriters Handbook

As a webmaster who wants to make money from your website, you need to be able to communicate in a way that makes the reader appreciate the importance of using the product or service you are trying to sell.

The Copywriters Handbook is a step-by-step guide to getting your writing to a stage where you are effective in this area, whether it's for writing product reviews or email newsletters like this one.

Find out more HERE.

Quote I've been contemplating:

"You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end." - Jessica Herrin, founder, and CEO of Stella & Dot

What I've been doing at the blog:

I talk about Astra Pro theme quite a bit, so you're probably wondering why I don't use it on StartBloggingOnline.com right?

Well, it was more a case of moving everything over to the new theme than anything, but you can see it in action on the website now.

I still have some work to do to remove posts from Thrive to Elementor which will speed things up even more, but I'm already seeing good speed increases on Google Page Speed insights (A score of as much as 98 on Desktop, and 75 on mobile) and I fully expect the mobile score to jump up once I'm finished with the above.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes! :-)

A plugin you might like:

Ad Inserter

This is a great free little plugin that allows you to add just about anything into your posts and pages at any pint you like (after a certain amount of paragraphs, before/after posts, etc).

I use it to add the call to actions to sign up for the free blogging course you see on the posts in my site (you can see an example after the fourth paragraph HERE).

You can also use it to add AdSense code, optin forms, or any type of shortcode that come from (for example) the Elementor plugin.

Not ready to use it? Then just make a note and install it when you do need it. We don't want to install things we are not using! :-)

Article I found interesting:

https://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/blogging/traffic/content-optimization/

Have you got yourself set up on Google Search Console yet?

If not, the above article lays out a great way to use this tool to bring new traffic your way that you probably don't know about. And it's pretty easy to put in place too!

That's it for this week gang!

I hope you found Karen's Tuesday Tips helpful this week. As usual, let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, tricks or tools you would like me to share next week! :-)

Until then,
Karen
SBO MEDIA LLP, 704 N. King Street, Suite 500, Wilmington, De 19801, United States


No comments:

Post a Comment