Tuesday 30 July 2019

Karen's Tuesday Tips

Habits, conversions and long-form content
Karen's Tuesday Tips

Hi again gang!


So here's what's grabbed hold of my brain this week...

What I've been reading:

Atomic Habits

Find it difficult to stick to things... like regularly blogging maybe? ;-) Yep, we all face these challenges in some area of our lives.

If there is something you would like to keep sticking with but find it difficult, the author (James Clear) really helps you understand how to make the changes that will make good habits come more easily, and also help you remove bad habits from your life.

Quote I've been contemplating:

"The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself." - Mark Caine

A tip on how to use Rank Math:

You've probably heard me rave about the Rank Math plugin (Free) before, but did you know you can use it to rate and review things so that those little star ratings show up for your site on Google search?
It's this easy...

  1. From your post editor go to the Rank Math section and choose "Rich Snippet"
  2. Choose "Review" for snippet type
  3. Writ a short headline
  4. Write an overview of your review
  5. Give the product a rating

And here's the result:
Pretty neat huh? And it also improves click-through to your site!

A new plugin I love:

Convert Pro

Trying to sign visitors up to your email newsletter?

Convert Pro (made by the same people who make the amazing Astra theme) might be a good option if so. I'm mid-way through changing over StartBloggingOnline.com from Thrive leads to Convert Pro because I'm so impressed with it.

The thing I love about it the most? You can A/B split test your signup forms and keep improving them to get maximum signups with minimal fuss.

Take a look at what else it can do HERE.

Article I found interesting:

Why Your Content Marketing Strategy Should Include Long-Form Content

I'm a big proponent of writing longer-form content than your competitors, it will pay off in the long term when paired with keyword research.

The article above will give you a few more reasons why you should think about using this strategy yourself.

That's it for this week gang!

I hope you found Karen's Tuesday Tips helpful this week. As usual, let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, tricks or tools you would like me to share next week! :-)

Until then,
Karen
SBO MEDIA LLP, 704 N. King Street, Suite 500, Wilmington, De 19801, United States


No comments:

Post a Comment