Tuesday 23 July 2019

Karen's Tuesday Tips

What Google might do next, and passing your social media work to others
Karen's Tuesday Tips

Hi again gang!


So here's what's grabbed hold of my brain this week...

What I've been reading:

The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy

This is a really interesting look into what makes a millionaire tick and at the same time uncovers those who want to LOOK like millionaires, but due to their spending habits rarely are what they appear.

It's a bit of a tough read in parts, but well worth sticking with for the life lessons, particularly if your money management skills need some work.

Quote I've been contemplating:

"The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife." - David Ogilvy

New service I'm using:

99 Dollar Social

I'll be honest, I'm OK with social media, but with the number of sites I'm involved in I've been on the lookout to hand this part of my business off to an external company. I've been using these guys for the last few weeks on some sites, and I'm pretty impressed with the results.

If your business or blog needs the boost of extra social visitors and you have the budget, check out 99 Dollar Social HERE.

A new plugin I found handy:

Enable Media Replace

This plugin is priceless for those times when you need to update an image without having to go back through your articles and replace it.

Normally, it's impossible to just simply change an image for a new one that simply updates sitewide, but this plugin makes it possible (even at different dimensions).

Article I found interesting:

How SEOs Should Adapt As Google Diversifies Away From Search

Wondering which directions Google is going to be moving in, in the future and how it might affect your site traffic?

This article takes a look at the clues which give us an idea of what the big G might do moving forward.

That's it for this week gang!

I hope you found Karen's Tuesday Tips helpful this week. As usual, let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, tricks or tools you would like me to share next week! :-)

Until then,
Karen

SBO MEDIA LLP, 704 N. King Street, Suite 500, Wilmington, De 19801, United States


No comments:

Post a Comment