Tuesday 10 September 2019

Karen's Tuesday Tips

Keyword rank tracking, Amazon monetization, and a big blogging book
Karen's Tuesday Tips
Please be aware that I will be compensated (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through the referral links in this email

Hi, again gang!


So here's what I have lined up for you this week...

What I've been reading:

Blogging All-in-One For Dummies

This is an absolutely huge book, but don't let that put you off because it's actually 8 books in one!

The reason I recommend this is because it is useful for bloggers at any stage of their journey.

It's also useful for those who want to start a blog to make money, or blog for their business to draw in prospects.

The section on blogging tools will also keep your shiny object syndrome busy for a while! :-)

Find out more
HERE.

How I track my keyword ranking for StartBloggingOnline.com

AccuRanker

This might not be so interesting to the newer bloggers among you (unless you want to jump in feet first!), but for those who are blogging for business, or who have a more established site, you will like this.

This tool lets me know exactly how I'm doing, where I need to put my attention to get more visitors to my site, and even how I am doing in comparison to my main competitors.

What I really like about it is that it shows you when you capture (or lose) a Google featured snippet. See the icon that looks like a leather sign in the image below (click "show images" at top of your email if you can't see it)? That tells me I own the snippet for that term.

Try it out free HERE.

Quote I've been contemplating:


"Ignoring online marketing is like opening a business but not telling anyone." - Anonymous

A Free tool I use

SERP Checker

Want to check your rankings accurately but don't want to pay for Accuranker (see above) just yet? In that case, I didn't forget you!

I use this tool now and again to check rankings on the fly and it's really easy to use. :-)

What I'm testing at the site:

Amazon Native Shopping Ads

If you head on over to the site you'll see ads are now showing in the right sidebar at the bottom of the page. They show ads that are related to the content of the page, or, related to your own interests (pretty amazing what they can do huh!)

This is all done on the fly, I don't have to add a new code for every different page to have items related to that content. I just add the code once to my sidebar widget and it's done.

I would wait until you have at least a few hundred searches per month coming in before signing up for Amazon (they make your account dormant if you don't get any sales in your first 3 months), but this is a quick way to monetize.


That's it for this week gang!

I hope you found Karen's Tuesday Tips helpful this week. As usual, please let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, tricks or tools you would like me to share next week! :-)

Until then,
Karen
SBO MEDIA LLP, 704 N. King Street, Suite 500, Wilmington, De 19801, United States


No comments:

Post a Comment