Monday 18 September 2017

Let’s get started setting up your blog

Hi ,

I really appreciate you signing up to get new content and course lessons from Start Blogging Online. 

Don't forget to finish setting up your blog!

Step 1: Go to Hostgator and click "Start Your WordPress Blog." I've negotiated a discount for SBO readers (72% off). This discount should apply automatically when you click on the link.

Step 2: Follow the instructions here to set up your blog.

FAQ
1. How do I pick a domain name?
I cover this under Step 2. If you're feeling stuck, try using your name as a domain name. This is great for for self-branding and you have the flexibility to change topics later.

2. What is the cheapest way to start a self-hosted blog?
The cheapest and most reliable way is to go with HostGator hosting. The cost for a 1-year package is around $45 and there's a domain name included. Every blogger can pick a domain name they like.

3. Is it worth investing in my blog right away? Can I change from a free blogging platform to a self-hosted blog whenever I feel like it?
Although you can start with a free blog, I don't advise it because of the risks and limitations. The main limitations are:
  • lack of plugins/design templates - This means your site won't be as unique to you
  • less monetization - It limits your options for making money with your site
  • no branding - people don't take you as seriously without your own domain name.
4. How do you avoid the problem of investing in a blog, only to find yourself thwarted by technological issues?
Hosting providers have Money-Back-Guarantee programs. Hostgator has a 45-day refund policy and you won't get asked any questions.

5. Can I have more than one domain on my hosting package?
Most hosting providers allow you to have several domain names but it may require an upgrade to a premium package. You have to check with every service provider individually.

Hit reply if you're stuck and I'll help you out.


Karen

P.S. In the next email, you'll get a link to sign up for my free blogging course. Keep a lookout!
Start Blogging Online, Rockefeller Str, NY, NY 10001, United States
You may unsubscribe or change your contact details at any time.

Powered by:
GetResponse

No comments:

Post a Comment