Friday 6 October 2017

The #1 reason why my first blog was successful

Hi ,

Today, I'm proud and happy to say that I have blog posts ranking for thousands of search terms in Google. Thanks to these search rankings, my blogs receive free search traffic.

But it wasn't always like this. My first blog was a food blog. Friends raved about my cooking and egged me on to start a food blog.

I was so naive, I wrote about whatever caught my fancy or whatever I felt like cooking or eating.

A year later, I only had 50 subscribers to show for my efforts. I leapt for joy when I got more than 50 visits a day to a single blog post. Sad, I know.

But one day, I discovered an anomaly. My latest post got more visits than usual, 4x more than usual in fact. The post got 200 visits a day!

What made this post different was that I didn't just write about any dish. No siree! I made a tiny tweak to my writing process…

**********************************************************

I was lamenting the fate of my lackluster food blog to a fellow blogger over coffee. She took a look at my blog, narrowed her eyes and asked,

"Hey Karen, do you research keywords before publishing the posts on your blog or do you just publish?"

"Erm...I just write whatever I feel like writing about." My cheeks turned crimson.

"You know what? If you sprinkle some keywords into your content, you can get much more search traffic to your blog."

"But you know I hate technical stuff and anyway, I don't have time to learn how to do this." I shrunk back in fear.

"Let me show you the dummy-proof way I do it, there's not much to learn. I enter my blog topic in this tool called Long Tail Pro and look at the keyword competitiveness score. This score shows me the difficulty of ranking for various keywords in Google. Then, I pick one or two low competition keywords for my blog post. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. Give it a try!"

"Err, why not?" I wasn't about to pass up a chance to try the tool out for free!

**********************************************************

...That was my first time using Long Tail Pro. I've used this tool to find keywords for every blog post I've written since then.

If the phrase "keyword research" sends you running for cover, I suggest you try out Long Tail Pro. It's the simplest keyword research tool I've found. Coming from a technophobe, that says a lot.

Other tools are too complicated, their websites make my head spin. And Google has shut down access to its free keyword tool.

Why wait?

Get your $1 Long Tail Pro trial now.

Best case scenario: You get loads of search traffic and fall in love with Long Tail Pro. You don't want this relationship to ever end.

Worst case scenario: The relationship doesn't work, you bid adieu after the trial ends. But you'd have harvested a bag full of useful keywords for your blog(s) during the trial.

Sounds like a great deal to me!

Click here to get started.

Wishing you lots of traffic,
Karen

Start Blogging Online, Rockefeller Str, NY, NY 10001, United States
You may unsubscribe or change your contact details at any time.

Powered by:
GetResponse

No comments:

Post a Comment